Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Green tanzanite is driving me fucking crazy
Green tanzanite is driving me fucking crazy<br /><br />jump to contentmy subreddits<br /><br />limit my search to /r/jewelryuse the following search parameters to narrow your results:see the search faq for details. After many hours of research, I finding what people refer to as green tanzanite is actually a variation of zoisite that has the same chemical makeup of blue tanzanite but a different color because of the minerals or something like that I don really care about the science. Green zoisite also something that jewelry stores around here haven heard of. I just talked to a jeweler and he said he never heard of it and that I shouldn bother with tanzanite anyway because it will break a number of times over the years. He then said I have green sapphire and tzaverite garnet. So, should I give up on green tanzanite/zoisite? I even talked to the GIA, and they said it would be difficult to find and didn know much about it. Obviously I like to get my girlfriend something she wants to wear forever. And if I should give up on this, what other types of gemstones should I look for and, for bonus points, how much should I expect to pay?<br /><br />I not sure you should give up In some of my recent time wasting expeditions, I know I seen some iirc, tanzanite is a greenish color until it is heated for that rich blue purple. Tanzanite ultimately only really refers to zoisite from tanzania that heats to a neat purply color. That said for an engagement stone, you probably do want to go with a tougher stone. It going to get knocked around a bit and rubbed, and tanzanite is not nearly as durable as, say, sapphire. I think for rich color green, tsavorite is probably going to be the best option though still not as tough as sapphire for an everyday stone. It just hard to find a green sapphire that has the same bright/pretty color. Keep in mind too that going to jewelry stores is a mixed bag when it comes to colored stones. Their bread and butter is diamonds and the most well known colored stones blue sapphire, ruby, emerald, dark garnets. They often are pretty clueless about a lot of other stuff I had one jeweler look at me like I was crazy when I asked about zircon, saying WE DONT CARRY FAKE STONES. Idiot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment